ICICI Direct Account Opening: ICICIdirect is the India’s largest retail broker and financial product distributor. It is trusted by over 50+lac customers with over 2 decades of service having 170+ branches across India. It offers a trading account for seamless and hassle free electronic trading.
ICICIdirect offers various research based products designed to meet your needs across different time horizons with 75% strike rate since inception.
Table of Contents
ICICI Direct Account Opening
ICICI Direct Account Opening Requirements:
Proof of identity [POI]
Proof of Address (POA)
Proof of income
Proof of bank account
Power of attorney [POA]
ICICI Direct Account Features:
- Seamless Trading: You can trade in shares without going through the hassle of tracking settlement cycles, writing cheques and transfer instructions. Absolutely hassle free!
- Security: Instead of transferring monies to a broker’s pool or towards deposits, you can manage your own demat and bank accounts when you trade through ICICIdirect.com. It provides you the flexibility to pay only when you trade
- Wide range of products: Share trading in both NSE and BSE, innovative offerings like – Margin, MarginPlus, BTST, SPOT. Derivatives trading, overseas trading, mutual funds, IPOs and on-line life insurance
- Control: You can be rest assured, that your order will be precisely for the amount you wanted it to be, without any deviation, giving you full control of your money and your trades
- Award Winning Research: We understand the need for the right research to make the right investment decision and has focused heavily in this area. Our team with its consistent delivery has been voted as the ‘Most preferred brand of financial advisory services’ at the CNBC Awaaz Consumer Awards, 2007
- Tracking and Review: Monitoring your investments is as important if not more than making that investment itself. Our portfolio tracker and watchlist along with sms alerts will always keep you updated on the status of your investments with us and act on them when required
How to Create ICICI Direct Account?
- Visit ICICIDirect website.
- Click on the ‘Open an Account’ button in the top of the navigation bar.
- Enter Your Mobile No. and Complete OTP verification, Enter RM details, PAN, DOB and email id.
- Enter Your Bank account details to be linked
- Fetch KYC details using KRA or Digilocker or offline ekyc
- E-Signing of Document using OTP sent on Aadhaar registered mobile no. Account set up will be done.
- Capture Your live photo. Email id, OTP verification. Choosing trading user id and password creation.
- Client to upload documents. Demat account linking. Enter professional, Financial and FATCA details.
- ICICI Bank RPC team will verify the record if all clear > Demat account activation. Rejected cases will be sent back to the customer for rectification.
If you already have a bank account with ICICI Bank and would like to open a demat and trading account with ICICI Direct, you will have to follow the old paper-based account opening process as below.